December 15, 2009

Joe Lieberman is an ass

And I have never really trusted or liked him. I still remember him allowing Dick Cheney to lie his way through the VP debate in 2000 without a single challenge. What an idiot. And now, he seems hell-bent on killing health care. Why? Because he is a bitter, bitter man. Chait seems to think that perhaps it is because Lieberman is is not that smart, but benefits from a general stereotype that Jewish people are generally smart. I am not sure about the Jewish thing, but am convinced that Lieberman is not a good person, nor terribly smart.

2 comments:

leighton said...

Bitter and aging might do it. I just haven't been able to find a reasonable angle of self-interest for him. Could he be planning to pull a reverse Arlen Specter and run as a Republican in 2012? I don't know what the Republican field is like in CT, or whether that would give him a snowball's chance of hell in an election. And scuttling healthcare reform in theory could make him a valued candidate for lobbying firms that take on a lot of healthcare clients, but in practice, what he's doing is burning his bridges--which doesn't exactly make him an asset.

I guess I just don't know enough about his history and background to make a reasonable guess at this point.

leighton said...

chance in hell, not of...preview is my friend.