February 17, 2011

And this guy was in our intelligence department

Retired General Talks about Arming Against Obama, Marxism on EthicsDaily.com:
"Boykin has more recently accused the Obama administration of being part of a Marxist insurgency. He gave a video presentation, titled 'Marxism in America,' on MorningStarTV.com on Oct. 24, 2010.

'I'm a Special Forces officer, I'm a Green Beret,' said Boykin. 'And I've studied Marxist insurgency. It was part of my training. And the things that I know that have been done in every Marxist insurgency are being done in America today.'

He identified the financial bailouts, health care reform, gun control by the United Nations and hate-crime legislation targeted at pastors as evidence of a Marxist insurgency."


3 comments:

Noah said...

There are an inordinate amount of military dudes who are total conspiracy theorists. I would love to see a psychologist analyze why some day. The bigger problem is the untouchable status we tend to give high-end military personnel; they are in the military, they've "seen stuff" and are "in the know" about Big Secret Things, especially those who are Green Beret-style forces. There is often little, if any, truth to their wild claims, but we have granted them "Expert" status given their job.

Most military dudes don't know shit. That's on purpose. Day to day, I knew where, in very rough terms, I was going, and what I was supposed to do when I got there, and that end end goal of everything we were doing was to kill all the bad guys. Grunts spend an entire shitload of time coming up with wild-assed stories about "what we're really doing." It's a hobby. It passes the time. If we got it right, it was a total accident, and we'd never know anyway. Because we only know so much; just enough that if and when our asses get captured, we don't have much to share.

leighton said...

There seem to be a disproportionate number of clinically paranoid people in the intelligence community. Tim Weiner's "Legacy of Ashes" points this out on a lot of occasions; toward the end of the book, I was starting to think that the lucky ones were the men who snapped and ate their sidearms. When your job is to find patterns that no one else can see, and there isn't a reliable mechanism for figuring out which patterns are wrong, I don't see how you can avoid going a bit nuts.

steves said...

I have found that just because some is well educated or very successful, that they can still hold some really wacko beliefs.