August 11, 2005

Blog or seethe?

Mckormick asked me a question in the comments: "but help me. what do you do with the rage that boils in your body? how/where do you release it? does blogging get it out or make it hotter? I'm running out of words and treading dangerously close to hatred."

I completely understand. Some who read my blog fear for my health, but I think it has been a real release for me. I can vent and rant and swear and opine and it goes somewhere. It may not change anything, but it does, very often, make me feel better. I get my thoughts out. I make my argument. I speak my mind.

Hatred is a tough one, my friend. Tough, because it usually eats you, not the hate-ee (so to speak). I completely understand. SOF and I have had this discussion many times. When Clinton was Prez, we really wondered why so many friends and relatives could be so upset. The difference, at least it seems, is that we never really liked Bill as much as they hated him. Now it seems that my dislike is matched by their adoration. I don't get that one.

But I am also reminded--as I watch Karl Rove squirm--that "what comes around, goes around" and "those who sow the wind, reap the whirlwind." Some of this will come out in the wash. We will know how bad this Prez is. And we might learn that he wasn't as bad as we feared. I hope.

Keep the faith. Venting is good--at least for me. Music helps. I am working on an Alejandro Escovedo song on the guitar. Good food and good company help too.

Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a difference between watching it all come out in the wash (good and bad) and wanting it all to come out bad in the wash? Sort of rhetorical.

I'm a pot of pent up frustration and besides counselling, I need better hobbies.

Thanks Streaker.

Streak said...

Yeah, I completely understand. I too want Karl Rove to "frog march" into prison orange. But I can't depend on it for my mental health.