February 5, 2006

Super Bowl blogging

Theology aside, the refs suck. I don't really have a dog in this race, but the refs have called a bad offensive interference call on Seattle that cost them a touchdown; a phantom holding call that cost them first and goal (two plays later, Hasselback throws an int); then call Hasselback for a weird penalty for tackling the runner. Just now, they finally reversed a bad call. As an OU fan, this is reminding me of the Texas Tech game. At this level, you expect better refs. I haven't seen it yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worst officiating I've seen in a superbowl, and I didn't care who won. They should fire the whole lot, incompetence at this level shouldn't happen.

Dr. Mike Kear said...

The Seahawks beat the Steelers, but lost to the refs.

Streak said...

I should say that Pittsburgh played well, and Seattle managed the clock and game rather badly.