July 18, 2011

First economic disaster caused by spite

Watching this horror show in Washington is making me a little ill. We have Republicans openly arguing that their government should default on its debts as a statement of fiscal responsibility. Yes, they think that not paying what we owe is responsible.

Idiots.

And let's not forget that a good bulk of the economic problems we have were created by Republicans. Though, if you ask them, they have forgotten all of that.

But their goal is not to actually reduce spending. Or to help the economy. It is to kill the social safety net and, most importantly, to defeat Obama. Even if that means harming the economy for all of us.

Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode. Seinfeld Scripts - The Wig Master:
"Scene cuts to the Andover shop.

Jerry: 'Excuse me I'd like to return this jacket.'

Teller: 'Certainly. May I ask why?'

Jerry: '........For spite...'

Teller: 'Spite?'

Jerry: 'That's right. I don't care for the salesman that sold it to me.'

Teller: 'I don't think you can return an item for spite.'"

No comments: