January 6, 2004


Yahoo! News - Exiled Star Rose Admits Gambling on Baseball Games
: "In his upcoming autobiography, 'My Prison without Bars,' which will also hit book stores on Thursday, Rose admitted his love of gambling got out of hand but showed little remorse.

'I'm sure that I'm supposed to act all sorry or sad or guilty now that I've accepted that I've done something wrong,' wrote Rose in a book excerpt to appear in Sports Illustrated on Wednesday. 'But you see, I'm just not built that way.

'So let's leave it like this: I'm sorry it happened, and I'm sorry for all the people, fans and family that it hurt. Let's move one.' "

I assume he actually said, "move on" but this exemplifies Rose and why I think he should never be let back into baseball. The man has no soul and never did. His lack of self-reflection reminds me a great deal of Bobby Knight. Both are creeps.

No comments: