July 4, 2009

Palin quits as Governor to spend more time outside of Alaska?

I have to say, she did pull off quite a coups. News delivered Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend is usually a way to kill a story. I doubt that Palin announcing she was stepping down was intended to do that, or will do that. I also have to say that I was completely surprised. Seems like a very weird thing to do from this very weird politician. Is she quitting to prepare for future runs? How do you run for a bigger office (Senate, or President) when you couldn't even finish one term as Governor, and quit that job? Is she leaving to avoid some kind of ethics scandal? Given her penchant for lying, I don't believe anything she said in her resignation speech.

Actually, we have no clue. But I suspect we will find out in the upcoming months. Any thoughts?

6 comments:

Monk-in-Training said...

There are rumors aplenty around some involve how her home was built and possible indictment for fraud, etc.

Only time will tell.

Mary said...

For her sake, and her family, I hope she is out of politics for good.

Streak said...

I think there are rumors circulating aplenty, and some of those include criminal indictments. Not sure why any of those would urge her to resign.

And Mary, Sarah Palin has a family? I had no idea. :) I would say, watching the woman, that her family is probably secretly hoping she doesn't stay home too much.

steves said...

I have all sorts of rumor and speculation. I suppose it is possible that she wants to better prepare for the next election, but I can also buy that she just got sick of all the negative media attention.

Streak said...

I have no respect for Palin on that point either. She was very quick to dismiss Hillary for "whining," but has nearly made her national persona about how the "media" is picking on her. Perhaps if she took the advice she had ready for Clinton, the media would respect her. Instead she writes a rambling incoherent resignation "speech" and then complains about how that was covered.

Anonymous said...

Well, she's certainly shown that she doesn't have the grit to be President, so I'm guessing that we'll see her hosting a daytime talk show in the future. She loves the limelight, just not the dirty politics. Hollywood's tough too, but not like Washington.