January 11, 2013

Statement from Sociopathic Guns and Shooting People Organization

NRA-ILA | Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

While claiming that no policy proposals would be “prejudged,” this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners - honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans.  It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation's most pressing problems.  We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. 
The rich statement of accusing the White House of coming in with their mind made up (pot, kettle), but only better when asking for background checks and closing loopholes on gun sales is an attack on honest Americans.

Don't tell me the NRA is reasonable.  I have heard their robo calls telling me how Obama was in league with the UN to help disabled people around the world take away our guns.  I have seen them blame 20 year old video games and suggest that all we need are armed teachers and principles.

I am not anti-second amendment.  I am not anti-gun, and I am not anti-gun owners.  But do not tell me that the NRA is anything other than a reactionary and sociopathic organization.

1 comment:

Bob said...

The Washington Post wrote an interesting history of the NRA.

Read it here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-nras-true-believers-converted-a-marksmanship-group-into-a-mighty-gun-lobby/2013/01/12/51c62288-59b9-11e2-88d0-c4cf65c3ad15_story.html