March 6, 2013

Gun culture just a few doors down

I can barely type this right now, I am so livid.  If anyone gives a shit about the gun culture that I hate so much, this is it.  And this is so close to my house that I can't believe it.  We walk our dogs in front of this asshole's house.  School children walk this street every day.


Authorities say a man fired two shots at some people who stole a microphone the man was trying to sell on Craigslist. 
The alleged thieves were supposedly interested in buying the microphone, but instead swiped it once they arrived at the home. That is when the homeowner fired his weapon. At this time, police do not believe anyone was hit.


Police Respond To Shooting At Norman Home - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

This is it.  This is the crazy nutjob insane and stupid gun culture.  The culture that says, I should fire a gun rather than just eat the loss of a microphone.  The report says they detained the homeowner.  I honestly wonder what will happen in the state that worships guns and gun rights.  The fact that he endangered all of us, I suspect will mean nothing to the Republican morons who run this state.

If any of you are wondering, these are the people who shouldn't have guns. And I would prefer that we do something about it before he shoots me, my wife, or my dogs.

3 comments:

steves said...

Glad you are ok.

Most municipalities have some kind of law regarding the discharge of a firearm.

Streak said...

I hope so. The latest is that we have no arrests even though the evidence appears (at this moment) that he fired at the thief as they drove away. He was clearly in no risk at that point. The only people at risk were the thieves and any people on the street. Luckily, as far as we know, no one was injured.

But this should not happen.

steves said...

This happened yesterday, right? It can take a while for the prosecutor to decide if they are going to charge the homeowner.

I don't know anything about OK law. AFAIK, Texas is the only state that allows people to use lethal force to defend personal property. Some states also follow the common law doctrine of fleeing felons, though I doubt the theft of a microphone is a felony.

I agree that it shouldn't happen.