May 29, 2007

Is this taking God's name in vain?

I think it makes more sense than an idle swear. Here we have a scumbag politician telling people that God talks to him about Republican politics. Conservative Christians should be disgusted, but they won't be.
Letter from Washington: Party Unfaithful: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker: "DeLay says that when, in the coming years, he is not fighting the indictment in Texas (he insists that he is not guilty) he will be building a conservative grass-roots equivalent of MoveOn.org. “God has spoken to me,” he said. “I listen to God, and what I’ve heard is that I’m supposed to devote myself to rebuilding the conservative base of the Republican Party, and I think we shouldn’t be underestimated.” "

1 comment:

Wasp Jerky said...

Only the words "god damn" should be considered taking God's name in vain. Because we all know that God's name is God.