November 9, 2003

DallasNews.com | Dallas-Fort Worth | Opinion: Letters: "I'm switching parties

I'm tired. I'm a Democrat, and I'm tired.

We Democrats have to worry about too many things. We worry about global warming. We worry about children without medical care. I'm worn out.

I have decided to become a Republican. Republicans simply take their tax cuts and they are happy. No worries. Of course the tax cuts are being charged to the federal government's credit card, creating an astronomical federal debt. Oh, no, this is going to be harder than I thought. Worry, worry. I'm thinking too much.

I must surrender to the teaching of our president. When the economy is strong, the proper action is to cut taxes. When the economy is weak ... cut taxes. When financing a war ... cut taxes. Hey, this is soothing. By the way, global warming doesn't exist. It's a big lie told by the left-wing media. Children without medical care don't exist either (and, if they do, it's their parents' fault, not mine).

Republican Party, sign me up.
Michael Craig, Temple "


God help me, but this is exactly how I feel much of the time. Whatever convinces conservatives that the environment isn't a serious issue, I would like some of that.

No comments: