November 19, 2003

The Grayson Buzz

Derek at The Grayson Buzz is taking Streak to task for various postings. Certainly his right. He doesn't particularly like my short postings. (BTW, Derek, for me sometimes blogging is about pointing people to news items they may have not noticed. I say that without derision, just to clarify my purpose here). He doesn't like my liberal approach to the world. That's fine.

I appreciate Derek's desire to dialogue, we don't really have much in common. Derek likes Sean Hannity. I don't. Derek thinks that Ann Coulter is ok. I object to someone who accuses all liberals, including Streak, as traitors to their country. I object to people who want us to invade Muslim countries and kill their leaders. All of that is Coulter, but I have watched Hannity enough to see him berate guests. Pass. If you want to watch him or read his books, be my guest.

I don't mean this to sound mean spirited. We simply see the world differently. For me, my blog is a place for me to vent. If visitors don't like it or find it superficial, then fine. I am blogging for me. I bring a certain (yes liberal) perspective as well as my training as a historian to this arena. I am not trying to change anyone's mind, simply to air my opinions and point people to items I find interesting, and will continue to do so.

No comments: