November 19, 2003

Feedback by backBlog: "My first question is rather than simply parroting the words of a new article, can you actually put together some logical reasonings on issues yourself rather than saying 'Yeah...that's right!'
Do you want to know how gay marriage threatens society? Check my blog linked above where I did a complete analysis and commentary ON MY OWN. I would be interesting to see where you think my reasoning is off"

this nice blogger came and visited (which we like) but decided to insult me on his visit (less attractive). He also didn't like my post on the Nazi name. I don't really care. He seems to think I am a moron for doing a quick post where I expressed my opinion. Well, it is a free country, and he is welcome to his opinion.

As for the substance of his argument? Homosexuality is against God's law and does not provide for a stable environment for the raising of children. Fine. I remain unconvinced. I personally believe that the gay people I know make excellent parents--in many cases better parents than most straight parents. I understand the concerns, but do think that gay marriage is a miniscule threat to our country as opposed to the very real threat of this administration's environmental policies. You tell me. What is the bigger threat to children (all children)? The gay couple down the street (with or without kids) or the increased air and water pollution that actually threatens their lives?

So, if I can sum up (I sure hope this posting is acceptable), I understand the moral concerns about gay marriage, I just don't share them. I personally think we should go the civil union route and let the churches decide about holy matrimony. I also think there are far bigger threats to children and family than this.

No comments: