June 27, 2007

Where I realize that Chris Matthews is a whore

I was cooking tonight. That is my excuse. Nothing on and I was trying to make home-made pasta which means that I don't get to click around during that process. So don't judge me.

So I watched Chris Matthews.

My mistake.

He had an entire show about the flareup between Edwards and Coulter on his show yesterday! In other words, he invites the hate monger on his show, invites comments and then has a show asking "why does Ann Coulter provoke such response?"

Kind of like an arsonist inviting a highly flammable liquid on his show, lighting it, then asking, "why did it burn?"

Worse, he had Armstrong Williams on to discuss the issue. Got to be even handed--have a lefty and a righty. Not sure who the "lefty" was, but Armstrong "I will whore for the Bush admin and keep it secret and act like a journalist" Williams was there to judge the Edwards campaign. He said that ultimately, John Edwards was just as guilty as Ann Coulter since he used her to raise money for his campaign.

So Chris "Whore" Matthews invites the Coutergeist on his show, allows her to say unbelievably hateful things, laughs at her jokes, sells her books, then invites Armstrong Williams on to say that Edwards is just as bad. And this is journalism?

Worse, when he interviewed John Edwards, Matthews talked about how much he admired Elizabeth as a person. Said she was as good as they came. Later, when talking Williams challenged the idea that Elizabeth acted on her own and hadn't told John about calling the show, Matthews said cautiously, "she said she didn't." Williams said something like "and she wouldnt' lie?" and Matthews nodded knowingly, "I know, I know."

What a whore.

3 comments:

ANewAnglican@gmail.com said...

Christ Matthews?

Streak said...

Dammit. Sorry. Typing too fast.

ANewAnglican@gmail.com said...

Or, you could have put a comma in there to change the meaning: Christ, Matthews!