September 6, 2007

Bush on God?

I really don't know quite how to read anything about this man and not just bang my head against the wall that someone like this became our president. New book on him coming out and evidently, the Prez cries on the job.
"Draper says President Bush also admits that he cries. “I've got God's shoulder to cry on. And I cry a lot. I do a lot of crying in this job. I'll bet I've shed more tears than you can count, as president," Bush told Draper.
God's shoulder to cry on? Oh, and the same book suggests that Bush, in private, still contends that Iraq had WMD. He says one thing in public, but in private something else. He isn't honest, and he is completely deluded.

Oh, and he is one greedy bastard. His goal after being President? Make a contribution? Well, kind of. He wants to build an institute--and only this President could come up with this stupid name.
After he leaves office, President Bush is quoted as telling Draper that he wants to build what he calls a "Fantastic Freedom Institute" in Dallas. He describes it as being a place where young leaders can come, write and lecture.
But first, of course, Bush has to cash in on the job.
But first, Bush tells Draper, he wants to make some money to "replenish the ol' coffers,” noting he can make "ridiculous” money on the lecture circuit.

“I don't know what my dad gets. But it's more than 50, 75 [thousand] … Clinton's making a lot of money," the president is quoted as saying."
I have always felt sorry for Bush coming from poverty like he did. Seriously, how do any of you who voted for this guy in 2004 look at him and not just feel a little ill?

No comments: