April 9, 2010

Anger over health-care reform spurs rise in threats against Congress members

Conservatives keep telling me that their radical wing is no different from my radical wing, yet I don't remember a huge increase in threats of physical violence against Bush and Republicans. Did I miss that? I remember protests, and I remember hyperbole, but I don't remember threats of "we came unarmed this time" or documented death threats on Trent Lott and the other Republican leaders.

Yeah, but we sure as hell have them from the other side. After all, it isn't as if the right wing didn't paint this healthcare bill as Armageddon or the onset of Soviet-style authoritarianism or the type of thing that Hitler would love, right?

Oh wait. Of course even supposedly responsible Republicans did that all the time during the HCR debate.

No comments: