April 25, 2007

John v. Jon--Updated

I am heading out the door to work, but wonder who saw Jon Stewart interview John McCain and any thoughts? I thought, first, that the joke about buying Jon a nice IED at that Baghdad market was in very poor taste. I also thought that McCain was very combative and annoying. It seems to me that when you have flipflopped from calling Jerry Falwell a harm to conservatives and then almost bowed down to Jabba to get his blessing--you don't get to be combative about being mocked. Nor do you get to stand by the "straight talk express" crap.

The reason I like Jon Stewart is that he made points for me. He pointed out that criticizing the President was not harming the troops and it was disingenuous for Republicans to say so. He tried to get McCain to agree on that simple point--that the critics are good Americans too, but I guess that kind of talk doesn't go well in the Republican primaries.

Anyone else?

Updated: Crooks and Liars has the video for those interested.

1 comment:

Bootleg Blogger said...

I thought it was Jon on a good night. No one bats a thousand, but when he's on I feel, like you, that he makes "my" points. This one was one of those. I've never really "gotten" McCain. I think he's first and foremost a politician who wants to get elected in the next election. I'm sure I won't be voting for him, but there are plenty who will. - Later BB