June 19, 2004

Jesus Politics: Jesus Gay Politics at the Southern Baptist Convention: "Gaines listed numerous problems and challenges being faced by America, such as terrorism, an uncertain national economy, finding a cure for AIDS, civil rights, global warming and nuclear disarmament.

'As important as these issues are, ... I believe they pale compared to two other issues that I believe will determine the future of America,' Gaines warned. 'I personally believe with all of my heart that the two issues that will determine what God will do not only with America but to America are abortion and homosexuality. ... America's economy and America's safety are more tied up with what's going on in those courts in Massachusetts than what's going on in Wall Street or over in Iraq.'"

This is really unbelievable. The SBC main sermon says that terrorism, global warming, nuclear war--all threats that pale in comparison to the threat from my gay friends.

No comments: