June 26, 2004

Yahoo! News - Bush Says Europe Supports U.S. on Iraq: "'I wouldn't have made the decisions I did if I didn't believe the world would be better. Why would I put people in harm's way if I didn't believe the world would be better?' said Bush, who arrives in Ireland Friday night for a summit the next day with European Union (news - web sites) leaders.

Good Question. Why would you do that?


Bush was asked whether he was satisfied with the level of political, economic and military support coming from European nations in Iraq.

'First of all, most of Europe supported the decision in Iraq. Really what you're talking about is France, isn't it? And they didn't agree with my decision. They did vote for the U.N. Security (news - web sites) Council resolution. ... We just had a difference of opinion about whether, when you say something, you mean it.'"

Germany? What about the millions of Europeans that opposed the war?

No comments: