December 10, 2005

depression

I recently met a young woman who is battling depression. That word is really limited. We use it all the time. "I watched the game the other night and am so depressed." Yet, what most of us mean is that we are melancholy or down, or sad. When we are down or sad, we can often think our way out of it. We can choose to focus on what we have and elevate our mood.

But clinical depression is a different animal. Discussions with my friend have reminded me of the difference. I am reminded just how trite we can be. "Cheer up." "Be Happy." I want to be more sensitive in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have found a nice article regarding depression medicine. Which I think is helpful for all of us. To get the complete information about the depression


http://www.epsdrugstore.com/depression-complete-drug-detail.htm