March 8, 2009

Live Music Sunday

Saw Horseshoe Road at our local concert venue this evening and it was a pretty amazing show. As several of us noted, we have not heard many fiddle players better than this guy, and the guitar player was pretty phenomenal as well.

As I have said many times, there are live shows that never quite achieve the magical. This one made it, perhaps for me, with one of the more stirring versions of "Amazing Grace" I have ever heard. The fiddle player channeled a bagpipe in the opening and the harmonies were just stunning. The encore was a similarly stirring version of "The Sound of Silence."

Magical live music.

1 comment:

mary said...

It was an amazing show -- I've seen them live several times, and they're always at that level; I don't know how they do it. Especially the three-show-a-day schedule at the State Fair for what, a week and a half or so. Astonishing.