October 5, 2005

Dogs and smiles

I am sure most of you read the RLP, but Gordon has a delightful post on their new dog. Surely everyone here knows how much I love dogs. Reading his post made me sad and happy all at the same time. I don't know what dogs do to us. I remember reading about early man and the domestication of dogs. Dogs were special from the beginning, because unlike the other domesticated animals, they competed with the humans for protein. And despite that competition, man still domesticated dogs. I think I understand that. I think I would share my protein with my furry friends.

Work has gotten me down lately. Students staring at me woodenly as if I am speaking Greek. Maybe it is me. The political and religious realms are just too frustrating to talk about. And closer to home, I feel like I am in a Rashomon movie--personally, politically, globally, spiritually--where everyone else has a completely different view of the truth. I know that is a bit cryptic, but it is the best I can do right now.

In the meantime, I will try to rest up tomorrow and work on some other projects. I will revel in the cooler weather. I will enjoy the hell out of my dogs--even though Alafair doesn't like it when I swear. (Today found me self-censoring rather than upsetting her. "Ow, my freaking ears.") I will have lunch with Anglican (if he can) and enjoy that too.

Now I will hug my dogs and go to bed. G'night all. May you all have peace this evening--where ever you are.

No comments: