March 19, 2006

abortion and torture

Fred has a provacative post on abortion and torture. He suggests that many pro-life Christians look at liberals like me as if we are morally bankrupt for our support of abortion. That is the same way, Fred notes, that we liberals look at Christians who support torture.

But torture is different, I keep saying. And saying and working with and arguing with myself. Read this and tell me that you aren't sickened that, as Sully puts it, American soldiers have been transformed into thugs that would have prospered under Milosovic. And Christians around the country tacitly support this.

Are these two issues comparable? Most liberals I know don't like abortion, but they like imposing the state's will on the woman less.

I don't know.

1 comment:

P M Prescott said...

You just about hit the nail on the head. The dividing line between liberal and conservative on these issues is the fight between FREE WILL, and CONFORMITY.