March 28, 2006

I understand denial

My attempts to manage my cynicism and pessimism are severaly hampered by information. News sucks. I kind of understand why people just avoid. Anyway, I will try to post something less cynical and angry later today. For my own sanity.

First item:
Moussaoui Says He Was to Fly 5th Plane.

Let me say that I don't believe this testimony at all. It sounds incredibly convenient for someone who obviously wants to die. And we want to kill him, so everyone will be happy.

I am sure that our policy of killing terrorists who are not only suicidal but looking for martyrdom will help us convince other would-be terrorists not to do this. Right? Whatever.

*****

Andy Card resigns. I don't have the link. But he resigned and was replaced this morning by Josh Bolton. On NPR, we heard him quote Ecclesiastes. I love how this administration continues to wrap itself in the flag and bible. Too bad they act like mobsters.

But Card's resignation, I suspect, will do nothing. Rove is the guy who has to go. Oh, and Bush and Cheney. It was amazing to hear the Prez talk about Card being so good through all these issues--including Katrina. Of course, there is no evidence that anyone in the White House performed even adequately during Katrina. But then again, Bush gave the Presidential Medal of Freedom to George Tenet and Paul Bremer.

But this is more sham from a sham administration. Bush will (mark my words) use this to prove he is shaking things up, when in fact, he has just replaced one inside crony with another. But just as Dick Cheney only listens to Fox News, Bush has no need for outside blood. He already knows the answers. Why get new information?

Sigh. Someday maybe we will return to something approaching democracy.

1 comment:

grandma1 said...

Why change people, all we need to do is change the masks. They are interchangeable.