August 23, 2007

Seriously, what to say about someone this deluded

Crooks and Liars has a great bit where David Shuster debunks Bush's VN comparison. Of coruse, the last few years, the man kept trying to say that VN was a bad analogy and "sent the wrong message to the troops." And, of course, Shuster points to the obvious. The same man now brazenly criticizing Americans who got out of Vietnam was nowhere to be found when he had the opportunity to fight there.

As I have said repeatedly, I don't blame him. I would not have wanted to go to VN and would have found whatever alternative I could. I don't blame him for his cowardice. But to then send thousands to die while criticizing those who don't like his little war--that is a whole level of delusion and seems frankly pathological. The other day, Karl Rove said something about being proud to serve a President who wanted to bring the country together. I did a double take then. I do another one now.

What do you say about people like this? Are they that insane? Or are they just very good liars. No honest person can say that Bush has tried to bring us together, anymore than any honest person can say that Bush has credibility to address the Vietnam war.

No comments: