July 20, 2008

Politics draws me in once again

In 1996, SOF and I volunteered at the county Democratic office. Those were easy times to be a Democrat with Clinton riding high. Gore did not inspire me in 2000 and I was frankly tired of the Clinton/Gore camp by then. I voted for him, of course, but did so tepidly. Little did I know that Bush would be such a giant cluster. But even with that, I didn't have the energy to volunteer in 04. Not sure why.

Well, today, we walked down to the Midway Market which is one of those cool little old style markets tucked back in the neighborhood. State Senator Andrew Rice spoke at a rally, and he was quite engaging and inspiring. I don't know if he can beat Inhofe (our idiot incumbent) but I believe he is worth getting behind. He told a couple of interesting stories, including some polling data that suggests that only 39% of Oklahomans want to definitely reelect Inhofe.

Well, today I signed up to volunteer. If anyone is interested in following suit, you can do that or contribute to his campaign here.

Because what we have right now isn't working.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard Andrew speak too, and found him entirely worthy of contributions -- so far only with a few donations, no volunteer time yet. Good on ya!