July 21, 2008

Stay classy, Republicans. Stay classy

State Senator Kevin Bryant Posts Osama-Obama Photo.
"It was meant tongue in cheek," he said, adding, "I've got some questions about Senator Obama's ties to -- such as his comment that we should negotiate with Iran. Iran's a country that would like to destroy Israel, that bothers me. But is this picture appropriate? I don't know." He let out a loud laugh. "It's gotten a lot more attention than I would have expected."

Does he think Obama is actually has terrorist ties? "I don't think he's tied to terrorists, no. I do think he's probably more sympathetic to nations that allow terrorism than I would prefer. And that's why I posted it. Am I saying that him and Osama work together? No, I'm not saying that at all."

And what religion does Bryant think Obama practices? "That's a good question. I don't know."
Sigh.

1 comment:

steves said...

I was hoping that this would go away and that people could rise above name calling and baseless accusations, but I suppose that has always been the norm.

I will have to say that I have been noticing backlash against this kind of stuff on other forums that I consider to be coservative. There may not be support for Obama, but when someone posts one of these "humorous" gems, there is usually a fair amount of backlash and suggestions that people actually discuss issues.

In the past, I have been quick to point out that both sides engage in certain kinds of attacks and behaviors. I will readily admit that I have been seeing more of this kind of BS from Republicans as of late.