November 13, 2008

Friday morning

Last week, after watching Obama win, one of my friends wondered why I still complained about Palin. I won, he noted. Why continue?

This post from Obsidian Wings speaks to that, I think. I am still stunned at the irresponsibility of McCain and the Republicans to trust this woman nearly with running our country. Her lack of curiosity about the basic policies and functions of government are simply unbelievable.

And, further, as I noted, we have learned over the last 8 years the very clear lesson that elections matter, and electing an incurious person to the highest office has consequences. Yesterday, I finally decided to watch the PBS documentary "Torturing Democracy. You can view it in its entirety here. While not graphic, it is not for the faint of heart to watch the horror that our country has embraced and allowed. I think every American should see it at some time, and certainly those who assured us that Bush was God's choice for our country. Whenever I see pictures of Bush praying, I will think of this documentary instead. The person who said he got his guidance from God authorized the torture of others--and many of them (if not most) innocent people who had the bad luck to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Elections matter.

Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

No comments: