March 26, 2004

FOXNews.com:

Hah. I have been kind of joking about Jesus being for sale, but little did I know.....

Stephen Prothero has to be thrilled every time something like this comes up. Just proves his point.


"'I'm a Christian, but that's not everything that drew me here. I just like the wholesomeness of the place. Believe me, I enjoy looking at pretty women in tight Lycra as much as the next guy, but that can take away from the focus of a workout. All I know is that I work out just as hard here as I do at other gyms, but when I leave here, I feel much better about myself.'

Huh? You feel better because you haven't looked at a woman in a sexual way, or because you are working out for the lord, something you can't do (obviously) at the Y?

Sorchy says the most popular items seen on the backs of those sweating in his gym are Christian-themed T-shirts.
There's 'a small level of competition behind who can have the best Christian shirt,' he said, adding that the Lord's Gym shirt, which reads: 'His pain, your gain. Bench press this!' is the most popular Christian selling T-shirt of all time.

That's right. The crucifixion was just another form of workout! Cross training for masochists, perhaps. What a moron.

Some might accuse Lord's Gym of using the Lord for commercial reasons; the gym's logo depicts a buff Jesus doing a push-up with a cross on his back inscribed 'The Sins of the World.' But Sorchy stands by his business.
'We are simply offering a vehicle for those who don't want to be in a secular gym where they would have that meat-market mentality,' he said"

He added: the profits are just a side benefit? I only make money to spend, and consume er, I mean worship. Pass.

No comments: