July 15, 2005

Friday night music

and art.

Walked down to the midsummer fair tonight. It was just fun to see all the people milling around eating unhealthy food and listening to marginal music. Community, I think it is. I see people I know and have a few nice moments. I think about buying a ceramic bowl for my change and possibly some organic soap.

I do neither.

Meanwhile, had to rebuild the powerbook on Monday so all my playcounts were reset on Itunes. That's ok. Fun to rediscover what I love in my music collection.

For today, we are listening to:

Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head--a title, as Jape can tell you, I always screw up--"kick to the side of the head" or "rush to the head of something. Whatever you call it, it is a great album. Politik, or The Scientist are great, great songs.

But the album that SOF won't stop playing (and I don't mind at all) is Ryan Adams' Cold Roses. Let it Ride, When will you come back home, or Sweet Illusions are all really great songs. Something about that voice that just soothes the angry soul.

Music is good.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan Adams rocks!!

Anonymous said...

It's interesting that Ryan Adams, who is perhaps among the least soothed himself can make such sounds. I have always dug Summer of '69 myself, because you know, I too got my first real six string, boy, at the five and dime.

I am glad to see that both Streak and SOF have enlisted in the anti-anti-Coldplay backlash. I think my favorite Coldplay related Streakism was something that reminded me of that old Frantics sketch, Tai Kwan Leap and a Boot to the Head. BTW, an mp3 version of that is here: http://beagleweb.com/personal/Frantics-Tae-Kwo
n-Leep-64k.mp3

Wasp Jerky said...

My wife and I walked past our town's weekly festival the other night. It was pretty bad music. I don't understand why they won't let local musicians who are actually good play at these things. Probably because they have original songs. One of the better things about my old hometown of Knoxville is Sundown in the City, a free weekly music festival in the summer and fall where amazing national and local acts play. I'm sure you'd love it, Streak. Scott Miller usually plays once during the season. ;)

Streak said...

Dammit. Hey, Kevin, do you know if Miller and the Commonwealth are working on another album?

Wasp Jerky said...

Last I heard they were shooting for a February 2006 release date for the new album.

Ninjanun said...

I think Jape is confusing Ryan Adams with Brian Adams.

Streak said...

Don't mind Jape. He was trying to be funny. Perhaps he has done this before!

Anonymous said...

BTW, I found a great source of organic soap online - this is the real deal, not "contains organic" but actually is made of NOTHING BUT organics - http://www.organicsoapandspa.com
about 100 products and cool pics; some nice stuff for kids, too that doesn't look too 'hippyish'

Jay