July 14, 2005

Rove and Bush make me sick

As Joseph Wilson put it: "'The president has said repeatedly, 'I am a man of my word,' ' Wilson added. 'He should stand up and prove that his word is his bond and fire Karl Rove.'"

I keep thinking about how many Christians have repeated the myth that Bush is some kind of good Christian man. He plays the principle/faith cards very well. Of course, I have not seen a bit of it in action. In Sunday School, they called it the "fruit." You know, the outward demonstration of the inward heart.

That doesn'ty apply to Bush, evidently. His scumsucking advisor undermined our country and has lied about it repeatedly. And what does his boss do? look by while the RNC has already started to not only excuse Rove, but savage Cooper (the reporter) and of course Wilson.

These people are bullies and amoral, power-hungry thugs. But I already know that. After the election, I wrote this about KR and Karen Hughes
"Rove and Karen Hughes are . . . the types that in a different neighborhood peddle crack to kids. Rove took Bush to South Carolina in 2000 and thought, hey, what would these fine upstanding southerners think about race issues? If presenting John McCain as a racist would have sold, he would have done that. Instead, he spread the rumor that McCain had committed adultery with a black woman. And Bush stood by and profited. I guess that would make him the pimp. But I am not surprised that Rove did what he did. He used the deep-seated fear of gay people that American Christianity has become, and profited yet again off that fear. He did what he did."


In other words, Rove is like a mob-hit man. He does what he does. I understand that. What I don't understand are the people who I respect who seem to think him harmless at best, and a great American at worst.

I need to let this go, I understand. But I just don't understand the mentality. I don't understand the fervent believe in Jesus Christ mixed with the apologies and deflections for people like Rove. I don't get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting that you mention fruit. As a TV lawyer and committed Law and Order fan, I have encountered the term "fruit of the poisonous tree" in the context of evidence obtained through an illegal search. So, perhaps we ARE indeed seeing the fruit in the Sunday school sense, in that we ARE witnessing the outward manifestation of BushCo.'s inner light. It is simply that the tree itself, the inner light these men possess, is itself poisonous.