April 27, 2005

What's On Jesus' iPod?

I found this over at Carlos's blog (where I find so much good stufff--thanks Carlos!). This one made me happy, as an avid Ipod user. After all, my Ipod is the only thing that keeps me sane! (I imagine more than a few readers are shaking their heads. "Not working!")

Anyway, this column is a tongue in cheek take on what Jesus might have on his Ipod. JoeG has challenged the Jesus Politics crowd to play along, and I listed a few in the comments.

Wilco (naturally) especially "Jesus, etc.," "Poor Places" and "Theologians."

Springsteen, "Reason to Believe" "Thunder Road" and "You're Missing."

Mindy Smith, "Come to Jesus" and "Hurricane"

Ryan Adams "Hallelujah" and "This House is for Sale"

Steve Earle, "Jerusalem" (death machines were rumbling across the land where Jesus stood) and "Copperhead Road"

Green Day, "Jesus of Suburbia" and "Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams"

Anyone else?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll duplicate my list over here to get the ball rolling!

"Pray" - MC Hammer

"Bad to the Bone" - George Thorogood (as he would be a rebel in today's society)

Anything by "The Carpenters"

"They Ain't Making Jews Like Jesus Anymore" - Kinky Freidman (because even Jesus would be able to laugh at himself)

Catholic Girl said...

I bet Jesus has a lot of U2 on His iPod. Definitely "Grace" and "Where the Streets Have No Name."

Streak said...

U2, good call! I would add God Part II, When Love Comes to Town, and Love Rescued Me.

Anonymous said...

I guess he might have XTC's "Dear God" and a whole lotta stomp dance songs. -- nigel

Anonymous said...

I have to think He Himself would have a few Jesus Christ (GG) Allin tunes on the iPod. Maybe Christ never thought of hiself as an "Outlaw Scumfuc", but who's to say?