November 16, 2005

Something positive

Yeah, I am tired of being angry too. Colson and Bush do that to me.

I decided to treat myself yesterday. After doing yoga again Monday morning and waiting in line to get my flu shot yesterday, I decided to make a Border's new music run. I have been waiting for this cd for a few months now. I am a huge Wilco fan and this live disk is great.

SOF and I were discussing live cds the other day. Some have too much talking. Patty Griffin's live cd has some great music, but way too much talking, and talking that is connected to the tracks so you can't skip them or delete them off the Ipod. Steve Earle's live cd at least separates them out. Others have bad sound or really miss the magic of a live performance.

Wilco's live cd is good. Another great version of "Handshake Drugs," and I really like "Hummingbird." How great is that opening line? "His goal in life was to be an echo."

Great cd and a nice pick-me-up for a tough week.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

yes, beautiful.