November 10, 2005

Streak does the Yoga

That's right. Today I attended a Yoga class. I met the instructor at a discussion last week (her husband teaches on campus). I have been experiencing some back pain--inconvenient and annoying, but not really that painful or dehibilitating. But nevertheless, I would like to be in better shape. She recommended Yoga and I thought I would try.

I am not sure what I expected, but it wasn't that. It was a hard workout that pressed me to the limit. I don't understand how hard it is to remember to breathe, but I needed the constant reminding.

I enjoyed it, but am typing this blog tonight assuming that my sore muscles will be angry with me tomorrow. I stretched things I didn't know existed. I was the only man in the room, but the 5 other women were very patient and kind to me. I have never been very flexible (even in my gynmastic years) and so this should be interesting.

If I keep it up, I might actually get some flexibility and a healthier back. Now, if I can only figure out how to tie my shoes......

3 comments:

Bootleg Blogger said...

Just curious- did you wear the tights and leotard with the french cut? If so, please post photos. Maybe SOF can vouch for how you looked? I threw my lower back out two weeks ago for the first time- keep us posted on whether it helps.
Later
BB

WJB said...

Isn't there a Hank Hill joke to insert here? Just asking.

Streak said...

Where to start? A) BB, if you raise such a disgusting image, then you have only yourself to blame. :) and I do suspect it will help your back.

B) I told my teacher that the bulk of my knowledge of Yoga was from KOTH. She laughed. And the other ladies in the class knew the episode too.