November 1, 2005

Just when you think Southern Baptists can not be sillier

With a hat tip to Mainstream Baptists and Wasp Jerky comes this ridiculous story about Floridian Southern Baptists who refused to distribute drinking water to hurricane victims because it was in cans from Anheuser-Busch! Right, let's let people go without water because you have "religious" objections to alcohol. Those objections (legitimate about alcohol, btw) would make more sense of Anheuser-Busch was distributing beer to hurricane victims.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of that song, "In Heaven there is no beer/That's why we drink it here"

Nicole said...

Ahh, My SBC roots drive me to drink. I bet that's not what they had in mind when they were trying to indoctrinate me...

Wasp Jerky said...

You'd think the SBs would have been happy. Jesus obviously swung by and turned the beer to water.