January 11, 2007

2006 top Albums--part six--Neko Case

Yeah, I know, it isn't 2006. But it is my blog and so the rules are all mine. I lost track toward the end of the semester. I will try to round out the top 10, but here is number 6.

Fox Confessor Brings the Flood

I love this album, mostly because her voice is as unique as I can imagine. Very hard to describe if you haven't heard her. Flaming red hair and attitude to match. "Hold on, Hold on," and "Maybe Sparrow" are truly amazing songs.

By the way, and not unrelated, I am posting this while watching her Live from Austin, Texas dvd and there are some amazing songs on here. "Maybe Sparrow," for one, and a haunting version of "Wayfaring Stranger." But the song I keep replaying is her soaring version of Dylan's "Buckets of Rain."
Little red wagon
Little red bike
I ain't no monkey but I know what I like.
I like the way you love me strong and slow,
I'm takin' you with me, honey baby,
When I go.

Life is sad
Life is a bust
All ya can do is do what you must.
You do what you must do and ya do it well,
I'll do it for you, honey baby,
Can't you tell?

No comments: