January 11, 2007

Bush's speech

The more I think about his speech, the more frustrated I become. The lying and dissembling continued, as when he spoke of listening to Congress and the Iraq Study Group. Of course, he has done neither. When he mentioned Joe Lieberman as if that really represented bi-partisanship, I laughed aloud.

Actually, let me rephrase. He has produced a bit of bi-partisanship. Bush Iraq plan draws fierce criticism from Democrats, some Republicans:
Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska told Rice the president's plan was “the most dangerous foreign policy blunder in this country since Vietnam, if it's carried out.”

And it isn't just Hagel:

“You're going to have to do a much better job” explaining the rationale for the war, “and so is the president,” Sen. George Voinovich, R-Ohio, told her. He said Bush could no longer count on his support.

“I've gone along with the president on this and I've bought into his dream and at this stage of the game I just don't think its going to happen,” Voinovich said.

and Brownback, and Coleman, Sens. Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine, Heather Wilsonand freaking Oliver North?

Everytime I said Bush is the worst President in US history I meant it. But each time, I could not imagine how much worse he could get. And just think. He has brought chaos to the Middle East only because he can't possibly consider his own mistakes.

Sigh.

No comments: