March 31, 2007

Soldiers as Political props?

Some retired generals send a message to the President starting with Paul Eaton who said:
I'm convinced that he would honor them more if he would refrain from using soldiers as props in political theater
A retired Maj. General from the Army National Guard added:
"I think to use it as a means to discuss the Iraqi supplemental is an insult to the soldiers and what they did. Because it's political exploitation as far as I feel. I think he ought to address the issues concerning their treatment, Walter Reed, etc, etc, etc.

But to take this captive audience that has no choice and use them as I mentioned to exploit and push this, his disdain of the Iraqi supplemental vote in the House and the Senate is completely without foundation. And I think he should know that and that it really doesn't sit well with the rest of us in the military."

No comments: