April 9, 2008

As if I wasn't in bad enough mood

I read this great synopsis of Pat Robertson's sleaze. He is just one reason I distrust Christians who claim to know what God thinks about anything. In this case, surprise, surprise, God always agrees with Pat and wanted him to be very rich and powerful.

All I can say is that if true, God went from seeking leaders like Moses to trolling for the absolute scum of the earth.

Somehow I don't think that is the case, but try telling that to all the millions who either turn to the idiot for advice or send him money.

2 comments:

Bootleg Blogger said...

Streak- Amazing article. Quite a history. I'm amazed at his theology of prosperity- from conversion to now. I'm repeating previous comments I've made, but I find it interesting to read his own words concerning assassination of heads of state. This seems a very compartmentalized or situational theology. In an attempt to really compare apples to apples I really don't see much difference in the mind-set of a Robertson and many fundamentalists of any other religions. The documents that are used to justify the theology are different, but the actions and attitudes are pretty much the same. This is not someone you want having any influence or authority over how you live your life.

I can't help but think that one person's prophetic vision and experiencing god's voice directly can be another person's psychotic episode and it's time to adjust the lithium.

It is amazing to read the systematic approach he's taken to getting his agenda accomplished. No dummy here.
Later- BB

Bootleg Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.