September 12, 2008

McCain blames Obama for tone

I missed this even though I watched it:
"McCain was asked about disparaging remarks that his running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, made about Obama’s work as a community organizer—an experience Obama later called the best education he had ever received. McCain responded by blaming Obama for the negative timbre of the campaign.
“The tone of this ... whole campaign would have been very different if Senator Obama had accepted my request for us to appear in town hall meetings all over America, the same way Jack Kennedy and Barry Goldwater had agreed to do so,” McCain said."
See? McCain wouldn't be running one of the most despicable campaigns in recent memory if Obama hadn't made him. As one of the commentators at HuffPo put it, kind of like the school bully saying, "I am sorry I have to take your lunch money, but you shouldn't have brought it to school."

Meanwhile, I fear that the response from the faithful if they ever hear that Palin is clueless about foreign policy will be something along the lines of, "who cares? I didn't know what that was, either, and I absolutely want someone as dumb as me running the country. Who are those people with knowledge fooling?"

Sigh.

1 comment:

Cazador said...

McCain isn't just blaming Obama for the tone of his own campaign,he is being vindictive. Is this how his administration will repond to those who don't agree to do as he wants? To attach Goldwater's name to this is defameatory. Goldwater was about taking personal responsibility, not blaming someone else. McCain made the same remarks Friday on The View and nobody picked up on it then either.