November 6, 2004

Bush supporters think Iraq going well. In other news, Bush says he will reach out to Democrats. Swampland reputedly selling exceptionally well.

So this isn't news really today. We have known that Bush supporters don't like gays and seem to not know what is going on in the war on terror. After all, if you think that Iraq was involved in 9-11, then you are misinformed, period. How do you look at what is happening in Iraq and think, "hey, things are going great!"

"Sure, they are concerned about terrorism. But they are more concerned about 'moral values.'

Most think things are going well for the United States in Iraq (news - web sites), and that the war has made America more secure.

They are satisfied with the Republican Bush administration; many are enthusiastic."


I am starting to repeat myself, but if you look at this administration, and this particular President and think morality, then I don't know what to say to you. I asked some supporters the other day, and they said Bush was moral because he kept talking about his faith. Exactly. That seems to be it.

I probably need to let this go for my own sanity. But I won't. I am posting here some remarks by my friend P:

I really don't know how to start a national movement, and I have not been very politically active, but what the heck here it goes:  I am asking everyone who opposed George W. Bush and his policies in the 2004 election to make it known that we will not be silenced and that we will be watching the administration's every move and action.  A victory by a margin of 2% in the popular vote can hardly be considered a mandate.  I propose that all of us, hopefully all 55 million of us, wear the slogan "We Will Be Heard!" on armbands, hats, shirts (preferably blue), or whatever on inauguration day.  Hopefully, such a peaceful exercise of our freedom of speech will be accompanied by public gatherings and discussions on inauguration day that will forge a united and responsible opposition.  Please pass this on to your friends, list-serves, whatever it takes to get the word out.  The future of America’s freedom depends on us.


Exactly.

No comments: