November 14, 2004

Oy!

It has been a tough weekend here at Streak's blog. Our friend Alafair was bitten by another dog yesterday and had to have stitches. She is doing much better today, but you can imagine it was rough on all of us. Sure reminded us how quickly life can turn on you. One minute you are planning your day and the next you are at the vet's and the day is shot. This one turned out ok, we think. She is sleeping now and will be better tomorrow, I am sure.

But yesterday, I was reading some blogs and read Jesus Politics. Carlos does a great job of grabbing the news as it relates to Christianity and politics. Given my stressful afternoon, I probably should have kept my mouth shut, but some of the comments at his blog really set me off. People lambasting the left for moral relativism, for slaughtering the unborn, for, and this was my favorite, encouraging laziness. I thought about that when I read about immigrant workers losing hands in meatpacking plants. Lazy bastards. Other idiots rambling about how God chose GWB in this time--kind of aping the letter from Bob Jones to GWB (google it, I won't link to that crap)--and draping their Bible in the American flag.

Or worse:

Jesus Politics: The Cross of Jesus and the United States of America

Check this one out. Warning. If you actually think that God is not an American, you might find the following shit really offensive!

Ok, temper, temper. I am going to check on Alafair.

No comments: