March 21, 2011

Is the GOP actively seeking the stupid vote?

It sure seems that way. I know this guy has no shot at the nomination, but his explanation for why he is distrustful of Muslims could be on a GOP motto somewhere:
"His position was sound, he explained, because 'based upon the little knowledge that I have of the Muslim religion, you know, they have an objective to convert all infidels or kill them.'"

"Based on the little knowledge I have of ________" should be their motto. "Based on the little knowledge I have of evolution, I think it doesn't sound reasonable." Or, "Based on the little knowledge I have of climate change (and the fact that it was cold last night), I don't believe it exists."

There are two over-riding attributes I see in prominent GOPers right now. First is that unbelievable anti-intellectualism that seems to revel in the Palinesque stupidity of the right. And the second, unfortunately, is the clear fact that the GOP cares not a bit about the poor or the needy. Their only care is for the rich, and the fact that they are ready to cut childhood immunizations is a great example. After all, all the right kind of people can probably afford immunizations for their kids.

Not that the GOP hates the poor. Oh no.

No comments: