October 8, 2004

Post Debate rant

listened to a little of the post-debate crap and it was just that. Crap. I couldn't believe watching that debate how Kerry did a great job and I hear jackasses crowing about Bush. Kerry did a great job. Bush didn't glower and stumble. So, somehow, he wins.

People are morons. Morons. I have friends who vote for Bush who are actually up on the issues and they bother me greatly. I don't know how anyone looks at these two people and still thinks that Bush is anything other than a chimp who proves evolution (or disproves, I am not sure which--either one disparages monkeys, I am sure of that). The ones who scare me are the ones who aren't either smart enough or patient enough to find out anything about these two people. And they will vote for Bush because he is a committed christian. By committed, I mean, he says he is, and by Christian, I mean he is an asshole. Because he isn't anything close to a follower of Christ.

so, here is my statement on this before I start to turn off and stop voting. I say to my colleagues and friends who vote for Bush and I say this: if you still think this chimp is a good leader, then you can have him. If you do, you will get a supreme court who will possibly help you on abortion, but will take away more of your rights. He will ruin more of the environment. He will probably invade more countries. More people will die. We won't be any safer. And you will get exactly what you deserve.

At some point in the future, you will recognize that you voted for a moron. You will recognize that you were "gamed," that you were "conned" and that the country was the worse for it. At some point you will recognize that. And I will say, "fuck off." I told you he was bad in 2000. I warned you that his faith was a mirage. I warned you that he wasn't genuine or smart or good. He was political and base and power seeking. And you shushed me. And told me that a moron couldn't be President. That a moron couldn't fool that many people. That he couldn't be ruining the environment as bad as I said. Well breathe now! Because that may be a luxury we think back to like free water or mercury/arsenic free water. Or trees.

I am done. I am as dissolussioned as I can be right now. The media is busy patting a moron on the back and talking about how "manly" he was. Good god. I have to go puke.

Goodnight. And hopefully dream of a functional democracy.

2 comments:

cul said...

Amen! It drives me nuts that people can't see what a loser the man is. Its not like his foibles are difficult to discern either, he wears like them snot on his sleeve and the true believers seem to just ignore it.

"...still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"--Paul Simon(The Boxer)

Streak said...

Great quote, btw, which really sums up how so many people respond to
Bush. Maybe to Kerry too, I am sure.

Greg, I think you (and Kristen) are probably right. Simplistic is more accurate than moronic. He still bugs the shit out of me. And so I look twice at the people who speak well of him to see if I can spot the impairment! :)