October 6, 2004

Want note this interesting new blog

Ben here works at a Christian Bookstore (poor bastard) and is willing to write about it. So far, it rates very well in my book. I am SO glad to hear that other people find these places creepy. And speaking of that, here is a great post on Christian commercial crap:

They Will Know Us By Our T-Shirts: Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200: "Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200

Yesterday, I discovered Left Behind-The Movie TM Board Game (yes, that’s the official title). I especially enjoy the flames of hell that appear at one corner of the board. I wonder if the loser misses out on the rapture and is forced to spend eternity on a post-apocalyptic earth (insert your own joke about New Jersey).

How do you market a game like that? Imagine being in the marketing meeting trying to come up with slogans for the game.
“You’re not just playing to win, you’re playing for your life.”
“Buy the board game or Kirk Cameron will make a sequel. Go ahead; test us.”
“The most important board game – ever.”
“The board game that will save your friends from hell.”
I wonder if they have Left Behind lunchboxes?"

1 comment:

Small Glimpses said...

Thanks for linking to this blog. Very interesting insider's view!! (Consistent with things you've blogged about.) BTW...you should forward this to RLP. I wonder if he's read this blog. I bet he'd get a kick out of it.