June 8, 2005

50 years!

Light blogging this week, as some of you have probably noticed. SOF and I are preparing to go to Colorado this weekend. My parents are celebrating their 50th anniversary.

That is pretty impressive. I think any of us who have been married recognize that 50 years is not easy. But my parents have made it, and they have treated each other well along the way. I appreciate that, and think that it has made a big impact on my life. Those two listen to each other, and I am glad I had that as a model.

On the road, I may have access and may try to do a bit of blogging. But just know the reason for the drop off.

Congrats, Mom and Dad! We are all impressed. I know that my blogging friends agree.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

marriage is easier than you think and harder than you can ever imagine.

that's my take. i don't really know what it means, but it seems to fit my experience. my 6th anniversary is in 4 days. 50 is crazy... 6 is crazy... marriage is crazy...

ANewAnglican@gmail.com said...

As always, a Seinfeld reference comes to mind:

Jerry, nodding smugly: "Three years is a long time to be married."

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Streak's folks!

We just celebrated number 9 last night, at a Neko Case show no less!
Hmm, I think that was the last time Streak was up this way, too.

I agree with mckormick --craziness, but in a good way mostly. How long has it been for anglican by now?

Bruce Prescott said...

Streak,

Congratulations to your parents.

50 years is quite an accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

hey streak, next time you're in colorado, give us a ring, as of july 9th, that's where all the swansons will be!!

brooke