June 14, 2005

More anniversary blogging

My aunt and uncle were sitting around the dinner table. I love those two. They are incredibly funny and also fun to be around. But they are also a bit quirky. My uncle refuses to go to eye doctors (I knew this already) and buys all his glasses at the drugstore. But I didn't realize that my aunt also avoids the eye doctor. But she gets her glasses when my mother gets a new prescription.

Streak's Aunt: I may have to go to an eye doctor soon. My eyes are getting bad.

Streak's Mom: Wait, I have a pair in the other room.

SA tries on SM's old glasses: These are great.

Then, as an aside, this:

You know, I can't walk around with glasses. Makes me queasy!

At this point, I gently suggest that glasses might not do that if they were her actual prescription.

Ah, family!

No comments: