August 11, 2005

our President, the great Christian

Thanks to Carlos for the link:

Sitting with the Dead: In Solidarity with Cindy Sheehan: "My daughters are not old enough to be called into the armed services, so, for now, my loved ones are safe. But that fact is irrelevant, because I am a piece of the main. These soldiers' deaths diminish me. They diminish all of us. I want to believe that George W. Bush knows that they diminish him, but as each day passes, and he doesn't convey even the simplest expression of sorrow for what these deaths entail, I fear that we are led by a man who loves his God, but cares not for the rest of us. Who has lost touch with his own humanity in pursuit of a make-believe role as leader of the free world."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"someone who loves his god"

You give him more credit than I would. I want to believe that he is sincere, but how can he live such a life of duality and still hold some piece of truth. You nailed it with his lack of sorrow. Every single sound bite that I have heard of him where he expresses sympathy or some form of sorrow is ALWAYS countered with a 'stay the course' or 'but we have to keep on fighting' or 'fuck all you parents and family who have lost sons, daughters, mothers and fathers,'

Like Prince Farquad (of Shrek fame) said, "Some of you are going to die on this mission... but that is a price I'm willing to pay"