August 26, 2005

What if Jesus spoke at a Republican fundraiser?

I really need to be doing other work, but this is just too good. From Caleb and Carlos, this satire that is better than my own President Jesus stuff.

Imagine Jesus speaking to a crowd of AmeriChristians?

Ken Mehlman asked me to come down here today to meet with you good people and clear up a few things you've been wondering about. I told him I'd be glad to eat a little crow for a good cause. You'll forgive me if I read a brief prepared statement, but Ken and my Dad want me to get this just right. (LAUGHTER) Here goes.

"In My youth, I made certain ill-advised statements that I now regret. If I offended anyone, I apologize. I want to clarify that it is easy for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven. (CHEERS, WILD APPLAUSE)

"I'd like to apologize specifically to the money-changers. It is My sincere hope that you will come back into the Temple free of charge as My guests." (WILD APPLAUSE, CHANT OF "U.S.A! U.S.A!")


It would be funnier if I didn't think that many in the GOP really believe this!

No comments: