August 31, 2005

This bothers me more than I can say

It has been a long week (and it is only Wednesday). I feel bad today. I feel angry and frustrated. I feel a sense that the world is falling apart on me. And then I read this where TPM discusses how the Bushies have cut FEMA to the bone. After all, it isn't about terrorism, so we have to cut it out. Of course, nothing stops the tax cut gravy train. All the voters who sold their soul for that $300 would be pissed, now, wouldn't they? What is a natural disaster or the rising death toll?

I am beginning to think that the GOP and Bush and all the Republicans who assure me that Bush is such a Godly man, really read the Bible to say: "Get yours--that's all that matters."

This is a repeat as well, but I have lost so much respect for people. I could understand their hatred of Clinton. Their love of Bush, however, is perplexing, and doesn't wear well. Face it people, if he is Christian, then you don't really stand for anything. Anything good, that is. And I don't actually believe that. I just think you have been had.

Hell, we all have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molly Ivins this morning does a solid job of connecting this situation to the war in Iraq. See http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-0509010009sep01,1,6491327.story?coll=chi-news-hed

I must admit my own first reaction was to wonder where the National Guard was when we need them. Then I remembered, there aren't enough of them to go around these days because so many are 'making the world safe for democracy' in Iraq.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go clear some brush.

Wasp Jerky said...

Ah, and it just keeps getting worse. A Canadian rescue group wanted to bring supplies down to New Orleans. But Homeland Security wouldn't let them cross the border. Good thing they're keeping us all so safe. It's even looking like Chavez is doing more to help us than BushCo is.